Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Nasi lemak, oh nasi lemak!

As a Malaysian, nasi lemak really means a lot to me. It's a meal brought from the past. I grew up with nasi lemak, yet never grow out of it! I don't know about anyone else, but nasi lemak is a symbol of sweet memories - a dish cooked with love by my mother (who also sell nasi lemak back then). But as a person pampered with the best nasi lemak in the whole wide world, it's really hard for me to find a pack of nasi lemak that suits the 'standard taste' I set in my mind! Most of the time, I have to opt for cooking it myself if I craved for it.

Despite the name : Lemak = Fat, nasi lemak nowadays is not so fatty anymore. I cook nasi lemak using less santan than most people used last time. The sambal needs to be of a proportionate combination of subtle sweet, sour, salty, and on top of 'em all - pedas! It actually is a balanced meal, where you can find the needed nutrition in one plate - vitamins in the cucumber (& some people add other kinds of veges too in their nasi lemak), proteins in the fried anchovies & hard-boiled eggs, fiber & carbs in the nasi itself. Well, if you restrict yourself to one pack at a time, I don't see eating nasi lemak for a breakfast to be hazardous to your diets!

A matter of fact, eating a plate of nasi lemak will make you feel full for the whole day, saving the risk of eating too much for lunch & munching unhealthy snacks in between the meals.

Whoaa! I should stop babbling as my blog is gonna be a nutritionist's homepage if I don't.

To make long things short, I LOVE NASI LEMAK! ..and currypuffs, and cakes, and chocs, and ice creams, and etc, etc..

(Sebenarnya tengah cari semangat nak start balik buat nasi lemak untuk dijual. dah ada permintaan, tapi masih belum berkesempatan & berkesemangatan lagi nak memenuhinya! huhu...)

0 comments:

Post a Comment